Long time no see👋👋
Boost is back with exciting updates made in Q2/2021. If you missed our newsletter for the new feature introduction, keep reading to find out what's new with Boost Filter & Search in the last three months.
A major overhaul for sync control
If you have been using Boost for more than 6 months, you might have been accustomed to the Sync now button on the dashboard homepage. Previously it allowed you to trigger the sync system of Boost (which automatically runs in 3 or 10 minutes) and instantly reflect the latest changes of the app settings in your storefront.
The Sync now button is absolutely helpful, but it's not enough to let customers handle more complicated sync tasks such as multiple languages and multiple currencies. Therefore, to give Boost users more control, we have designed a new Sync page with various sync options.
- Sync recent updates: update changes in your product data and some other app settings in general. We trigger this sync automatically and frequently every couple of minutes, but you need to see your changes reflected immediately, right? You can now use the Sync recent update process to do this.
- Sync multiple language data: update data and changes related to the multiple language feature. Make sure you have connected with a multi-languages or translation app to be able to use this option. Also, this sync process usually takes quite a long time, so you should finish all necessary changes before triggering Sync multiple language data.
- Sync multiple currencies data: update data and changes related to converting currency, rounding currency, etc. This option is only available for stores that use multi-currencies.
- Sync product item custom layout: update changes in the customizations for product item layout. Similar to Sync multiple language data and Sync multiple currencies data, this option will only show up for stores using custom HTML codes for product item layout.
- Sync best-selling sorting order: update the best selling order for collections and result pages. Follow the detailed guideline here to get Sync best-selling sorting order working on your store.
Let's welcome: Sort by options as a separate tool
Previously, you could only choose from the 9 default sorting options in the Filter setting. Now, with this new tool, there are many more "Sort by" alternatives such as Vendor, Tag, Ratings, Published date, Percent sale, and Metafields.
Also, should you need to rename the label of the sorting or translate it to other languages, it can all be done effortlessly right inside the Boost app.
Boost's Tutorial series available on Youtube
Another significant step we have taken in Q2/2021 is to release a tutorial video series on our official Youtube channel. Check out this playlist to see step-by-step guidelines with visualization on how to optimize Boost's powerful features.
Since we have a big number of in-app configurations (and new ones in the works), the current series will be gradually updated. So don't forget to subscribe and hit the bell button to get notified when a new video is published.
Stop by Boost Commerce Youtube channel to know how to use our features effectively, give us a thumb if you think it's helpful, and leave a comment to request for more tutorial videos or share your opinions
Keeping up with the great work
To make the user experience even smoother and to catch up with the latest releases on Shopify, we are running an upgrade flow for our app library. Since hardly any store has the same settings, this flow will take some time to finish. Rest assured knowing that we’ll always keep you informed of the timing and the status via email. Moreover, we will carry out the upgrade on a duplicated theme to avoid any issues with your storefront.